Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Hard Day's Work


Imagine walking across a carpet of wet brown leaves, make that wall-to-wall carpet. That is how our yard looked like this morning. I decided to take advantage of the mild weather and sunshine to rake. About halfway through the yard, a nice neighbor let me borrow a plastic rake that was much more efficient than the metal one I had been using. These pictures are just three areas of the yard that I worked on for a few hours this afternoon.

Raise your hand if you think I earned my Christmas Coke in a glass bottle.

With the exception of this side of the yard where I can line the leaves up against the fence, I haven't figured out what to do with the rest of the leaves. There is no way that I can possibly pick up all those leaves. Our neighbor suggested raking them onto a tarp and dumping them in the forest. I am too tired to figure out how to make sure the leaves get on top of the tarp instead of under it, how to carry the tarp to my car, how to transport the leaves without making a mess of my car, and how to dump them without getting in trouble from someone.

I am thinking it might be worth the money to pay someone to figure it all out for me. That is what I want for Christmas: not to have to think about my backyard again. I need a garden elf.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is why the smell of leaves burning is a fall smell to me.

    ReplyDelete