Thursday, July 8, 2010

Things that make you say "Blink"

"Blink" is my phrase du jour. My Dad and his boss noticed it in an earlier blog and decided that my favorite English teacher, Dr Black, might not consider it a complete sentence. I figure I should explain what it means.

You should consider this word as a symbol, something similar to a stop sign. A stop sign is red with a four letters, but there is a more detailed significance. It means that one should stop for three full seconds, look both ways and look both ways again, and then go.

So here is my top ten things that "blink" might mean:

1) Sometimes it means that there is no short explanation for what I think.

2) That someone's logic is so erroneous that it boggles the mind.

3) Because I am thinking, "What the...?" but would not actually say that out loud, or write it.

4) Inane

5) Obtuse

6) Ironic

7) Unfunny

8) Asinine

9) Puzzled

10) Expressing indignation

Hope this helps with the next time you come across "Blink" in a conversation with me or in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment