Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Friday night

Neil's team at work planned an evening out last night and we were excited for the chance to get to know everyone better. I had a total closet fail, but finally managed to find something to wear fifteen minutes after I was supposed to have left. As can be expected, Neil was on call, and, as I pulled into our driveway with the babysitter, he called to tell me that he had a consult in the ER, so dinner wouldn't be happening.

I held back the tears, finished blow-drying my hair and drove to the nearest mall for the retail therapy that would fix my earlier closet fail. As I pulled into the parking lot, the children called me to let me know that I had the pizza money in my purse. I had them put the pizza guy on the phone and asked him what he wanted me to do. The nice guy left the pizzas there at the house and asked me to bring the money to the Dominoe's store. I turned my car around and drove the 15 minutes back past our house and to Dominoe's.

From there, I drove back to the mall, found a parking spot, and began walking through H&M. I hear that H&M is a great store; after I had been there five minutes, Neil called to let me know that he was done and did I want to come hang out with him? Of course, so I walked the flights of stairs back to my car, and drove the twenty minutes to the hospital.

From there we walked to meet his friends for what turned out to be happy hour, not dinner, at 8 o'clock. We had a fun night and shared a few Philly Cheesesteak Spring Rolls. They were to die for. I would guess that is the healthiest way to eat a Philly Cheesesteak: the size of an egg-roll with barely any carbs. Neil got called back into the hospital at 10:30, so I left.

By the time I got the sitter home and the girls asleep, it was midnight. Zach woke me up at 1:45 asking me why the tv was on. I walked into the living room to find Neil sitting on the couch, drinking a bottle of water, and taking his shoes off. I went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment