Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Menu, Week III

Sunday, 4/17 Beef-steak on the grill, roast baby new potatoes, Cost-co Grand Parisian salad and vegetable (either green beans or broccoli)


Monday 4/18 Chicken-bbq chicken salad: I do not have a recipe for this, but I am going to cook the chicken on low in the crockpot, all day, covered in bbq sauce. Then I am going to serve it over a classic green salad with carrots, cucumber, and celery. For the kids I will probably put it on a slider bun (a smaller version of a hamburger bun) and serve it with carrots and ranch. I'll let you know how it turns out.


Tuesday 4/19 Fish-grilled, sauteed broccoli, salad and Orzo


Wednesday 4/20 Soup-butternut tomato soup, a Double Delicious recipe, and Rachel Ray breadsticks


Thursday 4/21 Beef-orange beef with stir fry vegetables and rice (another Double Delicious recipe-if I'm still talking to Jessica Seinfeld after Wednesday night. I have to say that I have not been super impressed with her recipes. I love the puree idea, and might consider putting spinach puree in the bbq sauce on Monday, but I'm not in love with her food.)


Friday 4/22 Vegetarian-pumpkin ravioli, roast asparagus, salad, fruit and carrots for the kids (Again, this is conditional on the success of the other Seinfeld recipes this week. I happen to love pumpkin ravioli, so we will see.) Either way, we need to eat a vegetarian meal to add some balance to the force.


Saturday 4/23 Sammy Nite-Pampered Chef wraps. This is my go-to recipe for lunch parties. Pampered Chef recipes are similar to Martha Stewart in that they always work out and taste amazing. While I do not order or make Antipasti platters in any sense of the word, these Antipasti Wraps are amazing. They have a full range of colors and various textures and flavors. They are time intensive to make, as far as sammies go, but well worth it. These are a good thing to have as leftovers or when friends come over, or to take half to a friend who recently had a baby, because you will want to use all of the ingredients up. Or at least I never have use for olives, sun dried tomatoes, etc, after I make these wraps. At this point, I am not sure what I am going to serve these with. A salad with lite-Italian dressing or a balsamic. Chips and fruit? I'll think about it. If you have any suggestions, let me know.


Easter: I am still considering what to serve for Easter dinner. Right now I have fish planned, with Gorgonzola Gnocchi, and some kind of vegetable, but I'm not sold on that. Please make comments here or on my FB page about what you traditionally eat for Easter dinner. I'd love some great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment