Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday and Tuesday: leftovers

I know that I said I never serve leftovers because, with very few exceptions, I do not like eating them. But tonight we had leftover pizza from Ainsley's party and leftover fajitas from lunch. The grilled chicken salad I had for lunch came with so much chicken that I brought it home for another salad tonight. Neil and the kids ate the leftover pizza.

We also have leftover steak and potatoes from last night, but I am not sure what to do with the steak. It is not enough to feed the whole family. I had originally thought that I would slice it thin and put it over a salad. But after two salads with grilled meat, that doesn't sound quite so yummy. As I type, I am reminded that I am supposed to be serving Orange Beef for dinner one night this week. I will make the steak fit that recipe...

Today is Patriots' Day here in the birthplace of the Revolution. It is the anniversary of the "Shot heard 'round the world." We watched the Boston Marathon with a bunch of friends. It was a beautiful day!

Today we met our Texas friends in the North End for some Italian food. Boston's North End is where the Italians settled in Boston so long ago. Again I had a grilled chicken salad, that happened to be very good, and we have leftover pizza and pasta. So, dinner will again be leftovers. Lucky for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment