Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Audrey went to her 3 year old check-up yesterday. We think that the guy taking her vitals, etc, mismeasured her height at 44 inches because that puts her height off of the growth chart. All of our kids are tall for their age, but not that tall. I'm going to measure her again at home and I'll let you know how tall she really is. If I had to guess, maybe 40. Four inches is a big deal when you're 3.

The doctor told Audrey that she was big now and didn't need her pacifier anymore. Once I saw that she had listened to the dr, I threw the pacifiers out while she wasn't looking. Every time Audrey asked for a paci, I would just remind her that's she's a big girl. She even got on the phone to tell Dad that "she's big now." Later in the evening, she asked me to change her back to being little and she told me that Daddy would want her to be little again. She may be right, but we didn't get a pacifier. She fussed when it was time to sleep, so I let her fall asleep on the couch. I guess that could be substituting one cruch for another, but that way she didn't keep Ainsley awake. Audrey climbed in bed with me right before my alarm went off, but never asked for the pacifier. We'll see how today goes without it, but at least it's a start.

While we were at tennis yesterday, I was surprised to see two huge holes in the back of Zach's uniform shorts. I called him over for a better look. It turns out that he decided to slide down a concrete hill on his bum. At bathtime, we discovered that his unders had holes as well. And his bum had a slight road rash. Poor guy! Hopefully he'll remember that the next time he wants to slide across concrete.

Neil has slept like 5 hours in the last day or so. They are having a busy patch right now, which isn't good for anyone involved. His life is pretty much like being on call all the time. Apparently they are located near one village that loves them and one not so much. He might post video of artillery fire (giving it to the bad guys, not taking itfrom them) on his blog. I'll let you know when he does.

Sydney signed up to play cello at school. They have orchestra in 5th grade, if you want to do it. She is excited. My only condition is that it is not my responsibility to get that cello back and forth to school twice a week. My vote was for the violin since Sydney walks to and from school every day, but I didn't want to stifle her dreams. Ainsley is sad that Sydney will be practicing instead of playing with her. Ainsley has been teaching herself piano songs out of one of my old books, so I told her I would give her piano lessons. She taught herself how to play the tune of the clock chime in my Mamaw's miniture grandfather clock. I have to go find a suzuki book for her when I'm getting Sydney's cello.

Off to fill an empty schedule. Most of my days are either empty until the kids get home or involve activities for Audrey. It's a nice change from last year. My blood pressure is down 20 points. Today we're going to the gym, to the post office, look for a cello, and find out about Neil's October bonus.

Zach found a friend from his class that lives a short walk out of our back yard gate. He's enjoyed having a friend to play with and hasn't asked for a brother, yet, this week.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, love the cello. It's one of my big life regrets that I stopped playing the viola after our orchestra teacher went postal. (It wasn't like I had a huge amount of choice in the matter - the orchestra program got cancelled for the next year!) As a side note, if you're in the market for instruments www.shopgoodwill.com often has nice ones in their music/instruments section. Actually, I've bought quite a few awesome things off of there. :)

    ReplyDelete