Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tired

Remind me never to blog when I am tired. Please refer to this morning's post, or spare yourself and just trust me. I don't think clearly when I am tired and this led to a less than thorough editing and rewriting job today. Sorry for the unimaginative sentence structure, using "like", and talking instead of writing.

As an update, Audrey asked many times today to be changed back into a little baby so that she could have her paci. Eventually she soothed herself by talking for 40 minutes straight. She was telling us all about the princess haunted house that she and her dad were going to build, how she was going to dress up as a mermaid, and all about her teachers at Three-School. From what I could tell, she's pretty sure they're going to throw her in a trash can tomorrow. It was a long time to listen and to acknowledge her comments, but I prefer the random thoughts to whining.

Sydney discussed the four types of sentences today in English. The teacher asked for examples from the class and here is what they came up with: "Are you going to taser the dog?" The "exclamation" sentences: "I'm going to beat Collin up!" and "Oh, no you di'nt!" (BTW, I'm not sure how to spell did'nt when I'm not pronouncing the middle D.) Here's my question: Do those examples correlate to the fact that Sydney was the only one in math class today who could demonstrate what a decimal was? One more-Is tasering a dog a learned behavior?

Zach's soccer practice was uneventful today. I'm certain that playing goalie kept Zach from harassing the girls. He felt proud when he blocked one goal; which was one more than the other goalie blocked. Zach did get in trouble today for using his lunchbox to hit another child on the nose. He explained to me after school that since he hit himself on the head as well, that should make up for it. Fortunately, he has a soft lunchbox and not one of the retro metal ones.

Ainsley enjoys her tennis lessons and her new friends. If I had to guess her favorite part of tennis, I would say getting to wear cute tennis skirts and her pink tennis racket. Also, it is cool enough now that she doesn't break much of a sweat. According to Ainsley's adorable style, fashionable uniforms, pink accessories and not breaking a sweat are all integral components of any sport worth playing.

I spent enough time in my car running errands, getting lost, and carpooling to have driven to visit my friend, Ellyn, in Augusta, GA. That is wrong on so many levels. After today, I am looking forward to Audrey's day at school tomorrow. I'm trying to convince myself that I should go take a 2 hour walk instead of a 2-hour nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment