Wednesday, August 19, 2009

School Shopping

The school that the girls and Zach will be attending does the whole uniform thing. Until today, I've always been in favor of that idea. The whole equalization, limiting distractions, teaching professionalism, creating mindless drones-it's all great.

Except I found out that if they want to wear tennis shoes, they have to be all white with no logos and that if their bottoms have belt loops, they are required to wear a belt. Do you know how hard it is to find all white shoes that aren't Keds? I'm not opposed to Keds, but do you know how expensive Keds are? I can remember there was a reason we wore the Target brand of Keds. I happened to find leather Keds on sale, but only for Ainsley. Now that I've had to buy 4 pair of shoes today, after spending 3 hours shopping, I wonder how working parents have the time for this. Or the money. I have yet to find a belt for the girls. Sydney lucked out, though, because her school shoes were buy one get one for $1. She got an extra pair of brown school/church shoes. Even still, I'm not in love with uniforms anymore. I wish I got to spend $60 on shoes for myself today!

To give the girls credit, they wanted me to buy a pair of bright red shiny patent leather peeep toe 3 inch high heels today. What great taste, right? Also, Audrey told me today that she wanted me to take the girls to school so I could take her clothes shopping. They are definitely my daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment